CSEE support for Outreach | CSEE: Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution
CSEE SUPPORT FOR OUTREACH
Part of the mandate of CSEE is to provide support for initiatives that promote education in ecology, evolution and conservation. CSEE supports outreach activities and regional conferences through the activities of the Outreach and Regional Conference Support Committee. This committee allocates funds from the CSEE annual budget to outreach activities and regional conferences across Canada in response to applications submitted from CSEE members.
See below for details about applying for funding in support of outreach activities. See the CSEE support for Regional Conference section for details about applying for funding in support of a regional conference.
Further questions regarding the activities of the Outreach and Regional Conference Support Committee should be directed to the current chair of this committee.
Applying for funding in support of outreach
CSEE accepts proposals for outreach initiatives that promote education in ecology, evolution or conservation, public outreach seminars, public exhibitions, etc.
Preference will be given for innovative proposals that fulfill a clear need for outreach and have the potential for renewal or could be reused in other areas of Canada
An applicant does not need to be a member of CSEE to apply. Non-CSEE members who are successful with their proposals will receive free membership for the year in order to encourage networking between the public and the CSEE community.
The maximum award is typically $500. Requests for an award in excess of this amount will only be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- names of the main organizers
- title of proposal
- location of event
- brief description of the activity
- expected participation and/or size of audience
- proposed date of activity
- brief justification of the funding requested including if applicable other funding sources
There are two deadlines per year for submissions on 31 May and 31 October.
Please email your proposals to the current chair of the Outreach and Regional Conference Support Committee.
Obligations associated with the award
- Award recipients will produce a summary report for CSEE within 4 weeks of the completed activity.
- Recipients should make the CSEE’s support visible on all documents (e.g. CSEE logo on posters, flyers, slides) and promotional materials (e.g. website).
- CSEE will post information about the outreach activity on the CSEE website in accordance with publication regulations and other policies.
- The recipient of the funds must provide the CSEE President and Treasurer with a financial statement no later than 4 months after the activity outlining how the funds were used. Any unused funds must be returned to the Society.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the current chair of the CSEE Outreach Committee.
For examples of current and past outreach activities and regional conferences supported by CSEE, click here.