CSEE support for Regional Conferences | CSEE: Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution
CSEE SUPPORT FOR REGIONAL CONFERENCES
CSEE will consider requests from members in good standing for financial support for regional Canadian conferences in ecology and evolution that meet the CSEE mandates for communication and promotion of ecology and evolution, conservation biology, and advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion in these disciplines.
Applying for funding in support of regional conferences
Proposals from the organizers of such conferences are subject to the following general rules:
- Requests must come from a current member of the Society.
- Requests must include a statement on how the funds will be used and how the conference or activity meets the broad mandate of the CSEE.
- The amount of support allocated to a single conference will not exceed $500.
- The total amount of support allocated in a single financial year will not exceed $2000.
- The organizers must use the Society’s bilingual logo on all promotional material associated with the conference or activity.
- The organizers must promote (where applicable) membership in the CSEE.
Note: There is no restriction on applying for support of a repeating event in multiple years, although preference may be given to first-time applications.
- names of the main organizers
- title of proposal
- location of event
- brief description of the activity
- expected participation and/or size of audience
- proposed date of activity
- brief justification of the funding requested including if applicable other funding sources
There are two deadlines per year for submissions on 31 May and 31 October. However, applications will be considered at other times depending on demand.
Please email your proposals to the current chair of the Outreach and Regional Conference Support Committee
Obligations associated with the award
- Award recipients will produce a summary report for CSEE within 4 weeks of the completed activity.
- Recipients should make the CSEE’s support visible on all documents (e.g. CSEE logo on posters, flyers, slides) and promotional materials (e.g. website).
- CSEE will post information about the outreach activity on the CSEE website in accordance with publication regulations and other policies.
- The recipient of the funds must provide the CSEE President and Treasurer with a financial statement no later than 4 months after the activity outlining how the funds were used. Any unused funds must be returned to the Society.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the current chair of the CSEE Outreach Committee.
For examples of current and past outreach activities and regional conferences supported by CSEE, click here.